Brand spotlight: Acavallo
Based in Italy, this family owned company has its head office in Lonato on the beautiful Lake Garda and its own production facilities in southern Italy. All the members of the family have been closely associated with the equestrian sport for generations as riders and breeders.
Originally started by partners Mauro Benetti and Monica Speroni who met in the 1980s frequenting the equestrian field: Mauro for work, while Monica was following her passion for show jumping and competing with young horses.
They founded their business in 2003 and Acavallo quickly became recognised for the reliability of its products. All their products are conceived, designed and produced entirely in Italy. The materials are of Italian origin, to guarantee the quality and authenticity of the products.
What they do
Their mission is to:
- Create products for the welfare and protection of the horse that can help improve athletic performance of the horse and the rider
- Become a point of reference for riders, both professional and amateur, by providing an accurate response to their needs and questions
- Ensure only high-quality products, thanks to their long-standing experience in the equestrian field.
Available in over 40 countries, Acavallo products include saddle pads, saddle covers, girths, stirrups, horse boots and many gel accessories.
They pride themselves particularly on their genius use of gel that is within a number of their products. Take a gel pad, for example, which has a long list of benefits:
- It’s extremely lightweight
- It can be used directly on the horse’s back
- It has a remarkable ability to absorb shocks
- It blocks any unwanted movement of the saddle, backwards, forwards and side wards
- It allows the skin to breathe while maintaining contact with the saddle
- It’s suitable for any type of saddle
- It fits perfectly to the horse’s back
- It gets sticky again even after washing
- It can be cut to the desired shape
But most of all:
- It’s sticky which is the reason why all riders love it!
Their products can be used for everyday hacking and schooling as well as competing. Used by professionals, such as our very own Charlotte Dujardin and Scott Brash, and amateurs like me!
Like what you see?
Shop the full range of Acavallo here and remember, you get free UK delivery on ALL orders at EQUUS!