Security & Privacy
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Who we are
Equus Products & Services Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (registration number 8348474) whose registered office is at The Old Office, Walkern Hall Farm, Walkern Hall, Walkern, Hertfordshire, England SG2 7JA. You can find our full WhoIs information here.
If you have any questions about how collect, store and use personal data about you or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Phone us on 01438 869442 between 8.30am and 6.00pm, 7 days a week.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write to us at Equus Products and Services Limited, The Old Office, Walkern Hall Farm, Walkern Hall, Walkern, Hertfordshire, England SG2 7JA.
When you contact us, please remember to include your name and contact details.
Personal information we collect about you
We collect personal information about you when you:
- visit the EQUUS website
- register with, and buy products or services on the website
- take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
- contact us, e.g. in writing, call customer services.
Specifically when you buy something from us on our website, we collect the following information:
- Your name, date of birth and sex
- Your billing and delivery address, phone number and email address
- Your user name and password
- Your payment card details
- Your browsing and shopping activities.
All such information is held on secure servers. EQUUS complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and will treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
Using your personal information
We collect personal information data about you as it helps EQUUS to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
- manage and improve the website
- administer and operate your account
- process your orders
- tell you about important changes to the website and our services
- understand your shopping behaviour to develop and improve the products and services we offer you
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including SagePay, PayPal and Barclaycard Merchant Services) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous data about the traffic that comes to our website. We use this data to improve the products and services we offer. We also collect anonymous user data using Google Analytics for advertising purposes; that is, we collect anonymous data for Display and Search Remarketing.
If you wish to opt out of our collection of your anonymous data using Google Analytics, you can do so using Google's Opt-Out Browser Add-On. You can also opt-out by using other anonymous browser features such as by browsing in Incognito or Private mode or by blocking ads.
EU User Consent Policy
We use Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the EQUUS website. You will know when you are in the secure area of the website as the layout of the page will change slightly, i.e. the left hand navigation will disappear, and a narrow, raspberry coloured banner will appear at the very top of the screen with a padlock on it along with words ‘You are browsing our secure server’.
Please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security.
In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained
- We also recommend that you frequently change your password
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
I have another question about Privacy or Security that’s not been answered here. What should I do?
Please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We’d be happy to help you!